Friday, May 31, 2013

A letter to J.K Rowling


Dear Ms. Rowling.

                 Let me start off by giving you the upmost praise for your work on the Harry Potter series of novels. Each book was as magical and fantastic as the last; and I fully respect your decision to leave the Deathly Hollows as the last Harry Potter book. With that said I find it very difficult to fathom how such an amazing brand like Harry Potter can produce such awful video games. It is NOT a good thing to have the best games in your repertoire be LEGO adaptations of the novels. Each "blockbuster" game is based off its movie counterpart, and we all know how much "work" is put into movie licensed games. Pottermore on the other hand is an amazing interactive reading experience but it's not a video game. 

                  Maybe you have yet to see the great potential of games to deliver very unique and immersive experiences that can only help to enrich the lore and the magic of the Harry Potter universe. 

                 If you're tired of your beloved franchise's video games being "half-assed," I'm ready to take over and take Harry Potter video games in the right direction. I have a great love for the original seven books, and I would not tarnish their mythos in any way; I would simply work to enrich it. For example: one of my ideas is to have a game entitled "Hogwarts."The player would play as a male or female character of their choosing and experience the years before the events of the first book. 

Contact me at francoromualdez@gmail.com if you want to get to work already.

Franco Romualdez

Disclaimer: The contents of this letter are all really my ideas on the state of the Harry Potter video games. However, this was not really sent to JK Rowling (obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment